The opening of the China-Canada Joint Centre for BioEnergy Research & Innovation (C-C JCBERI) collaboration was announced at the 5th International Conference on Biorefinery (www.icbb2015.org).
The Centre will provide a platform to foster bioenergy technology development, maturation, demonstration and commercialization in both Canada and China through collaboration.
The C-C JCBERI is hosted by UBC in Canada and Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT) in China. In addition to research institutions, partners include companies, not-for-profit organizations and stakeholders in the bioenergy sector in both countries. The collaboration involves more than 40 faculty from UBC, BUCT and nine other Chinese institutions. The Director of the new Centre is Dr. Xiaotao Bi of UBC’s Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.
• UBC-Chemical and Biological Engineering Department
• UBC-Mechanical Engineering Department
• UBC- Faculty of Forestry
• UBC – Faculty of Science
• Bioenergy Research and Demonstration Facility
• Clean Energy Research Centre
• BioEconomy Research, Innovation & Education
• Beijing University of Chemical Technology (National R&D Centre for Biorefinery)
• Chinese Academy of Sciences – Guangzhou Institute for Energy Conversion (National R&D Centre for Liquid Biofuels)
• China University of Agriculture (National R&D Centre for Non-Food Biomass)
• Chinese Academy of Sciences -Institute of Process Engineering (State Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering)
• Huazhong University of Science & Technology (State Key Laboratory for Coal Combustion)
• East China University of Science & Technology
• Tianjin University
• Hunan Academy of Forestry
• Nanjing Technical University