The Wellness Centre is open on a drop-in basis and is staffed by trained student volunteers known as Wellness Peers.
Wellness Peers have a passion for mental and physical health promotion and can share health resources with students, help provide information about great campus resources, and partner with students on wellness related events. Speaking with another student can give students insight into how other students manage stress, the best ways to prepare and eat good food on a budget, how to make friends on such a large campus, and where to go if students would like more help taking care of their wellbeing.
- Irving K Barber Learning Centre, Room 183
- Tuesday – Thursday, 11:00am – 3:00pm
Top reasons to visit the Wellness Centre
- Get student-tested tips for eating healthy on a budget, sleeping better, and managing day-to-day stress
- Buy safer sex products, including condoms and lubricants, at cost (visit the Wellness Centre for a full product list)
- Find simple ways to take care of your wellbeing, improve focus and academic success, and increase energy so it’s easier to achieve your goals
- Discover other campus professional and peer-to-peer resources at UBC