- Study at a world-renowned university
- Meet students from Canada and around the world
- Improve your English skills
- Learn about and Experience Canadian culture and society
The UBC Vancouver Summer Program (VSP) is a four week academic program offered at the University of British Columbia, Canada. The program provides the opportunity for international students to complete two academic courses while experiencing Canadian culture.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (CHBE) is excited to be offering two packages as part of the UBC VSP July – August 2019 Program.
Package A – Introduction to Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Harnessing Chemistry: An Introduction to Matter, Energy, and Chemical Engineering
- Harnessing Nature:An Introduction to Biological Engineering
Package B – The Engineering of Beverages
- The Science and Engineering of Coffee Production
- The Science and Engineering of Beer and Wine Production
Package C – Computer Aided Design
- An Introduction to Numerical Methods and Computer-Assisted Problem-Solving
- An Introduction to Process Simulation and Design Tools
Academic courses include industrial tours, hands-on laboratory work, and learning industry standard software.
EXPERIENCE AND ACTIVITIES
Canadian experiences included in the CHBE packages include cultural, sports, social and nature activities. Participants will meet Canadian students and other international students.
Students interested in UBC VSP and the CHBE Package are encouraged to contact UBC VSP. We look forward to hosting you this coming summer!