The mandate of the Council is to provide advice to the Department on matters relating to its activities in engineering, including academic programs, teaching, research and professional service.
Specific objectives are:
- to provide frank and positive forum for discussing the role of the Department in meeting the expectations of our students, the engineering profession and society
- help articulate the Department’s mission, goals and strategic initiatives;
- to be a sounding board for specific departmental initiatives;
- to assist in enhancing the Department’s public profile;
- to facilitate linkages with its external communities, the engineering profession, industry, governments and alumni.
The Council is made up of 8-14 members, primarily senior leaders from industry and may also include representatives of professional organizations and the provincial and federal governments.
|Tim Watson||Teck Resources|
|Terrence Chmelyk||Spartan Controls|
|Claudio Arato||Sonoro Energy Ltd.|
|Alfred Guenkel||Noram Engineering and Constructors Ltd.|
|Eric Jervis||Stemcell Technologies|
|Martin Pudlas||Canfor Pulp|
|Peter Wynne||Chevron Canada Ltd.|