Scientific fields of expertise
• Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics and Rheology.
• Complex flows : non-Newtonian, reactive, turbulent.
• Multiphase Flows : liquid/solid, liquid/liquid, liquid/ gaz.
• Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer.
• Applied Mathematics.
• Numerical Analysis and Simulation (FEM, FVM, DEM).
• Scientific Programming: Fortran, C/C++, MPI.
• High Performance Parallel Computing.
(1) Z. Yu, X. Shao and A. Wachs, A fictitious domain method for particulate flows with heat transfer,
Journal of Computational Physics, 217(2), 424-452, 2006.
(2) A. Wachs, PeliGRIFF, a parallel DEM-DLM/FD direct numerical simulation tool for 3D particu
late flows,Journal of Engineering Mathe atics, 71(1), 1-25,2010.
(3) A. Wachs, Rising of 3D catalyst particles in a natural convection dominated flow by a parallel
DNS method, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 35(11), 2169-2185, 2011.
(4) A. Wachs, L. Girolami, G. Vinay, and G. Ferrer, Grains3D, a flexible DEM approach for par
ticles ofarbitrary convex shape- Part I: numerical model and validations, Powder Technology,
224, 374-389, 2012.
(5) M. Rahmani and A. Wachs, Free falling and rising of spherical and angular particles, Physics of Fluids, 26, 083301, 2014