Lab course design, electrochemistry and analytical chemistry
Advisor, Chemical Engineering (CHML) Program
University of Ottawa, 1985, Ph.D. Chemistry
University of Sri Lanka, 1978, B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- Lab course design
- Analytical chemistry
- A.Ignaszak, D.C.W. Kannangara, V.W.S. Lam and E.L. Gyenge, ‘Borohydride electro-oxidation on Gold Investigated by Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance’, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 160 (2013) H47 – H53.
- V.W.S. Lam, D.C.W. Kannangaraa, A. Alfantazi, E.L. Gyenge, “Electrodeposited Osmium Three-Dimensional Anodes for Direct Borohydride Fuel Cells” Journal of Power Sources, 212 pp 57–65, 2012
- V. W. S. Lam, D. C. W. Kannangara, A. Alfantazi, and E. L. Gyenge , “Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Study of Borohydride Electro-Oxidation on Pt: The Effect of Borohydride Concentration and Thiourea Adsorption” J. Phys. Chem. C, 115(6), pp 2727-2737, 2011
- R Petrell, E. Gyenge, D. Kannangara, L. Creagh, Q. Lee and J. Sibley, “Incorporating Project Based Learning into Unit Operation Laboratory”, Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Sherbrooke, Oct. 15-18th, 2006
- “CHBE 262 Collaborative Writing and Laboratory Reporting: Lessons Learned in the First Two-years”, Dhanesh Kannangara and Jim Sibley, UBC E-Statergy Townhall, June 23, 2005.
- “Using Online Tools to Support Teamwork and Collaborative Writing”, Dhanesh Kannangara, Tatiana Teslenko and Jim Sibley , UBC E-Stratergy Townhall, July 13, 2004 (also presented at UBC TAG Institute Workshop, Spring 2004 and North American WebCT Conference, Florida 2004)
- “Collaborative Writing Models for Laboratory Reporting, Jim Sibley and Dhanesh Kannangara, UBC E-Salon, February 11, 2004
- “Benefits and Challenges in Incorporating Educational Technology”, K. Koizumi and Dhanesh Kannangara, STLHE Conference, June 11-14, 2003
The Electrochemical Society, Member
The Chemical Institute of Canada, Member