Recipient of the 2011 Outstanding Canadian Biomedical Engineer Award.
Current research projects include: Clinical medicine and engineering; Diabetic modeling and control; Treatments for osteoarthritis; Assessment of prosthetic devices; Advanced model-based adaptive predictive control.
- P. Bhuanantanondh, D. Grecov, E. Kwok, “Rheological Study of Viscosupplements and Synovial Fluid in Patients with Osteoarthritis”, Journal of Medical and Biomedical Engineering, 2011.
- O. Vahidi, K.E. Kwok, R.B. Gopaluni, L. Sun “Investigating different organs dysfunction in type II diabetic patients using a developed model for type 1 diabetes”, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 55:7-16, 2011.
- A. Cajiao, B. Gopaluni, E. Kwok, E. and J.N. Kizhakkedathu, “In Silico Design of Polymeric Antidote for Anticoagulant Fondaparinux” Special Issue, Journal of Medical and Biomedical Engineering, 31(2):129-134, 2011.
- L. Sun, E. Kwok, B. Gopaluni, and O. Vahidi, “Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modeling of Metformin for the Treatment of Type II Diabetes Mellitus”, The Open Biomedical Engineering Journal, 5:1-7, 2011.
- S. Talebi Fard, L. Chrostowski, E. Kwok, M.-C. Amann, “Chemometric Approach for Improving VCSEL-based Glucose Predictions”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 57(3):578-585, 2010.