Administrative forms related to academic matters and awards applications can be found on the Forms Centre page of the Graduate and Postdoctural Studies website.
Graduate students are encouraged to access seminars, training and information to ensure that their experience at UBC is satisfying and rewarding.
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Graduate Pathways to Success program – The program is a palette of non-credit workshops, seminars and other activities designed to complement your graduate program’s academic curriculum and mentorship experience.
- A Guide for Postdoctoral Fellows – The handbook for UBC PDFs provides basic information and advice for prospective and current PDFs to facilitate your transition to UBC
- PDFO Professional Development Events – Events include workshops on topics such as budgeting, project management and other useful technical training.
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
Graduate Student Program offers the following professional development opportunities that may assist graduate students with building teaching skills.
- Graduate Student Certificate Program – An eight-month cohort program for Teaching Assistants wishing to prepare for a career in teaching and learning in higher education.
- STEPS – Step workshops give you the skills you’ll need in your career. Taught by professionals, they’re valued at hundreds of dollars but are no cost to you.
- Globalink – Take your research abroad with Mitacs Globalink. Globalink offers travel funding between Canada and several international partners.
- Accelerate – Put your talent to work with an organization that needs it. Apply any time for a research internship of four months or longer. Funding starts at $15,000.
- Elevate – Build your career through this competitive two-year postdoctoral fellowship. You’ll focus on R&D management training, and you can apply while you’re finishing your PhD.